Friday, March 26, 2010

Hello out there

When I first started this blogging journey I shared the address with no one. I had no desire to be read by others, especially those close to me because I thought that would make me feel censored, trapped to write others might expect of me instead of what was in my heart and mind. I also thought I might hide some of my feelings if I knew my nearest and dearest were reading. I wanted the blog to be my journal, as I am way too lazy to start writing journal entries with a pen and paper - who has time for that?

Anyways, a few weeks after its inception I shared my blog address with a few other baby loss mamas. It is therapeutic, the process of sharing blogs with women who have gone through similar losses, women who can understand exactly what I'm feeling. More baby loss mamas found my blog and my readers increased. I then decided to share the address with moms on my online birthclub and I started receiving positive messages from these women who made me feel good about my blog, and gave me the courage to put the address on my Facebook profile. I don't advertise it, you only see it if you go to my personal information page and I never told any of my friends that I had a blog or that the address was there. But sure enough people started finding it. Now my blog has been read by over 200 people including a few of my closest friends.

I always thought I would feel nervous or stifled if people I knew were reading my most inner thoughts about losing my son, but I don't. No one has to read it if they don't want to. No one has to look at the photos of my angel if they feel uncomfortable doing so. I offer no apology for my thoughts and feelings. But I would like to thank you - all of you from my closest friends to my acquaintances to the women I have never met for reading my words and giving me the courage to to talk about my son, for empowering me to reach out and share my journey of grief and healing. God Bless You.

1 comment:

  1. Your words are a gift to all of us. You are not alone in this journey and yet it belongs to only you. Thank you for sharing it with us. I found blogging to be a great comfort and the community of fellow bereaved parents to be a comfort. Peace.

    ReplyDelete