Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to my sweet angel

A poem I wrote for my son and published in the memoriam section of today's paper.

HANKILANOJA, OLIVER MIKKO
MARCH 12, 2009

In memory of our son who was stillborn one year ago.

Sometimes losing you hurts so much I fear I may fall apart,

But then I remember that you live forever in our hearts.

For all I have to do is close my eyes and then I see,

See you smile, hear your laugh and know you are a part of our family.

You have taught us so much from your home with God up above,

For I have learned that you don't need a baby in your arms to feel a mother's love.

Forever in our hearts. We love you Ollie. With love from mommy, daddy and big sister Seija.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristi,

    Thanks so much for bringing attention to the topic of miscarriage and still birth. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. After my own experiences I needed to believe that the world was different in a positive way because of the losses. I was driven to create something that would not have existed had I not miscarried. A filmmaker by trade, what resulted is a ten-minute short film The House I Keep, about a woman who struggles to come to terms with the loss of her baby through miscarriage. A relentless war between her internal and external life has plagued her recovery until she stumbles upon a curious symbol of hope that helps lead her back to peace.

    After screenings of The House I Keep, I have been overwhelmed by the heartbreaking stories of miscarriage that women have felt compelled to share. These gatherings became transformative. Discussing the film has provided an 'appropriate’ place to share their own stories. Their silence was broken and isolation bridged. My mission for the film is to improve the mental health of women and their families mourning miscarriage by providing an identifiable voice through the film. The film is a platform for discussion and understanding, and hence, an impetus for healing.

    The House I Keep is premiering at the 2011 Tallahassee Film Festival in April, we are doing everything we can to raise awareness about the topic of miscarriage and our film. Please visit our website at http://www.thehouseikeep.com for more detailed information about the film. If you like what you see, please join us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-House-I-Keep/69409738707. Anything you can do to help us spread the word is, of course, very much appreciated!

    I noticed that your posts stopped recently. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is alright.

    Very best,
    Jhene Erwin
    Producer/Co-Director/Writer – The House I Keep

    ReplyDelete